Sunday, February 26, 2017

My progress Feb. 2017

Today is the official check-in for WIPocalypse 2017. As I have missed the check-in for Gifted Gorgeousness 2017 and Smalls SAL 2017 I will include them here as well. These two SALs are a part of my WIPocalypse goals  this year. 

I managed to complete almost half of the frame work for My Stitching Treasures. I felt to need to something other than the frame and started filling in motifs. I finished area 3 and 10. All but one of the threads I ordered have finally arrived so I am free to continue filling in as I finish up the border.

One new start in Feb. was Erica Michaels' Nativity Berry. I am stitching mine on silk gauze, using the called for threads. This kit was a birthday gift to me.

My niece will be graduating in a few months. This Painted Pony Graduation Angel is for her. I'll be using her school colors. There is no stitch guide so, I'm attempting to pic my own stitches. Keeping my fingers crossed

And finally a finish! My Christmas ornament for February, from On the Twelfth Day of Christmas by Sue Hillis. This chart was gifted to me from a blog giveaway.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

WIPocalypse 2017

WIPocalypse  hosted by Measi's Musings

I didn't cross off many items from my WIPocalypse list last year, so I will be working on those same items this year. I think I'll make a goals board to help me stay on track.  I am also adding My Stitching Treasures (MST) by Jeannette Douglas and Halloween at Hollyberry Farm (HaHF), by Stacy Nash. I don't have all of my fibers yet but I've started the frames for MST.

My finishes this month are my monogram sleigh and the needlebook  for Bristol Sampler Stitching Bag.


Measi's topic for this month.
January - What SALs are you participating in this year?

I 'll be continuing with the following SALs:

Considering FB SAL: Linen and Things Mystery Sampler

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Two for January

January has been the month of Callaway Gardens School of Needle Arts for 46 years. It was announced last month that 2017 would be the last year for the needle arts school. It's a shame to see another stitching venue disappear. I was able to attend this year and took two classes.

My first class was two wonderful days with Betsy Morgan taking a Bristol Sampler Stitching Bag and a one day needlepoint class with Toni Gerdes, O Christmas Tree. Our class pieces for the Bristol Sampler Stitching Bag was the needle book, that we pre-stitched, and an English paper pieced pinkeep. In the boutique at Callaway, my friends and I found the perfect red and white pair of scissors to go with our bag, Yeah!!!

My second finish is my first ornament of 2017. It's a wonderful gift from my friend that was here to welcome me home after the Christmas break. It's also my first chalk board finish.

Come on back and visit,

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Let the stitching begin

My first post of 2017! I hope everyone's year is off to a good start. I've had a few challenges so far but I'll weather the storm.

2017 GG

My first stitching project was a gift from my dear stitching friend CB. I thought I'd be further along with my stitching but, I had to stop to do pre-stitching for a class on Wednesday. My first GG SAL 2017 project and ornament is a blackboard sled. I am loving this and can't wait till my pre-stitching is done so I can get back to it.

My progress on Stitching Post Fall 2016 Graph Monogram Sled

Below is a picture of the model stitched with the letter 'Z'.

Come on back and visit,

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Advent Calendar Bloghop 2016

Advent Calendar Blog Hop 2016
Stop by and visit each blog and enjoy 24 days of Christmas stitching.

Christmas at Hollyberry Farm
Stacy Nash

Q&A for ACBH 2016:
Q: Decorations - do you have a favourite decoration you must have on display every year, maybe an heirloom, one the children made or something with a special story behind it?

A: I have a small collection of nativities that I love.  My favorite ornaments are my handmade ornaments. In the future I would like to have enough tatted ornaments to decorate a tree. Maybe 2017 will be the year I am able to tat one per month as I work toward that goal. 

A small nativity from Panama.
 Some of my finished ornaments.

 Some ornaments to be finished.

      Some tatted ornaments
 Thanks for stopping by,


Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Christmas Give Away

Santa Nancy of Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe is hosting a
12 Day of  Christmas Give Away, Visit her blog! 
Review the rules and enter for a chance to win.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Downs and Ups!

My roller coaster stitching this month yielded only one stitched ornament. I purchased the chart, fabric and fibers for Creepy Crawly back when it first came out (2008). I love and own a number of Belinda's designs. This month I decided to stitch the casket bottom for my Halloween Ornie SAL. I noticed that the outline seemed larger than I thought it should be. I started the skeleton any way, and got this far:

When the  bells wouldn't stop ringing, I stopped and checked the fabric count. You guessed it! The fabric I was sent is 28ct., the recommended count was 32ct. Hence the size issue. I've decided to stop  and order fabric that is 32ct. Next.

I started another skeleton pattern, from a JCS Halloween issue,  that was on my list, but didn't get very far. So.... nothing but goose eggs this month. Will work on both later. Time to focus on some Christmas projects.

I managed to complete my Christmas Ornie SAL 2016, this month. Trees was the theme, my ornament is "Merry, Merry" by Country Cottage.
Merry Merry 
Country Cottage 

Christmas at Hollyberry Farm is back from the framer and she looks fabulous. Anna did a great job with the matting and framing. Stop by next week when it will make an appearance for Jo's Advent Calendar Blog Hop.