Friday, March 4, 2022

February Review

 In February I touched a number of projects and had a couple of finishes. My stitching centered around 3 challenges.

Monthly Challenges: WIPGO, Magazine Monthly Challenge and Stitch the Winter Olympics

Stitch the Winter Olympics was hosted on IG by Katie, thenaptimestitcher. The goal was to stitch on a project that met one of her prompts during the games. I was able to stitch 14 of the 17 days (prompts). Magazine Monthly Challenge is a FB group hosted by Cynthia, CZook. The goal to encourage us to pull out those magazine projects (digital or print) and stitch them. WIPGO is also a FB group hosted by JessieMarie. The goal to work on those WIPs throughout the year.

Between Stitch the Winter Olympics and Magazine Monthly Challenge, I had 2 finishes, More Chocolate Bunnies, HOD and Spring Home, PNPS. My More Chocolate Bunnies is an abbreviated version. I had a good portion of the words stitched when I realized I hadn't left enough room between the letters. This called for a major frogging and re-stitch. I opted to frog the words and leave them out altogether. Now I just have to add their button tails and it's ready to be fully finished. 

For Magazine Monthly Challenge I made 2 of my goals. I didn't get any ornaments stitched in February.

More Chocolate Bunnies was on my MMC as well as a #stitchthewinterolympics selection. My other finish was Spring Home from Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine.


The numbers for February WIPGO were : #5 (Portrait in Blue), and 17 (PS Blackwork Angels). My WIPGO was a bust. I have a very miniscule start on my Blackwork Angels, andI didn't ever pull out Portrait in Blue out of the project bag. 

Back to my regular stitching space. Hoping to do some serious catching up in March.

WIPGO March 2022:

 &
  

Thanks for stopping by,

Gwen


1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely adaptation of the Bunnies. I do enjoy these kinds of challenges where my existing WIPs fit in.