Thursday, July 15, 2021

Some Christmas Stitching

It's the 15th of July. 

While I haven't stuck to my original plans, I have stitched Christmas every day so far. I plan to keep it up for the next 15 days.

My two finishes are Star, and Wish, both Shepherd Bush patterns. They are stitched on 10ct Lambswool Betsy Ross Linen using the recommended DMC. I did substitute white for the 712. The 712 didn't show up well on my fabric.

Both need their buttons added then they will be ready to fully finish.

My new start is Christmas in Red by Sue Hillis. These sled ornaments were charted for fabric but I'm stitching them on perforated paper with DMC 321. I plan to add a hanger and back them, for hanging ornaments. Hopefully I can get a few of these stitched while working on Day 9 of The 12 Berries of Christmas.
Progress on Day 9 The 12 Berries of Christmas
I would like to work on my name ornaments this month but the desire to work over one is eluding me. I  have two that I really want to get done. One just need beads added. Keeping my fingers crossed. 
Thanks for the visit.
Gwen




3 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Lovely stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work for Christmas in July! I like those red Ornaments from Sue Hillis in particular.

Astrids dragon said...

You've done very well on your Christmas stitching, Star and Wish look so lovely.
Those will make some cute ornaments and I had to look up what the Berries will look like, they're adorable!