Monday, October 2, 2023

Sampler September

 For Sampler September 2023, I’ll be focusing on Mabel Tuke 1779 and Margery Dean. Possibly 2 weeks on each.

Week1:

I started here with Mabel Tuke.

Mabel Tuke 1779 
She is being stitched with the called for NPI silk.
This was my progress at the end of week 1.

 
On Saturday I had a finish!
As Life Wears Away, Carriage House Samplings.
Stitched on 40ct fabric with DMC floss.
Week 2:
This was my second week working on Mabel. 
I chose to change the Algerian Eyelet stitches to Smyrna Crosses. My eyelets are not the best and this fabric is bit loose. Not sure I could get my eyelets looking as good as I would like them too.

For the next two weeks I want to work on Margery Dean. This is were I left off the last time I worked on her.

Not sure why I stopped working on her but I hope to get a few motifs done in the next two weeks. 
Sampler  September 2023 is over. Here is my progress on my two focus pieces.
I managed to complete most of the top section of Mabel. Just a matter of finishing up the lower case alphabet and a small border; then the fun portion on the bottom.
I worked on Margery Dean the second part of the month.  The second tree on the bottom section is now complete and I worked on the left border. One more flower on that side and on to the bottom and right side flowers.

Thanks for stopping by,
Gwen

No comments: