Monday, January 8, 2018

Week One 2018

Day eight of 2018. One week as passed already, have to get the stitching elves back on the job. Thus far I've started the last six of my Hands on Designs 12 Days ornaments, a 2018 Mystery SAL;  worked on my LHN Hometown Series and, had a finish.

I decided to have a go at Linen and Thread's 2018 Mystery Stitch a Long (MSAL). I will be stitching it on a piece of 36ct Vintage Light Examplar. For this project I took a trip to the store and picked up some grays, DMC 318,413,414,3799, a  color I seldom stitch with. We will see how this develops. I don't have enough to stitched to warrant a picture but hopefully soon.
Vintage Light Examplar
DMC floss

My first Fully Finished Object (FFO) was Peace on Earth by Little House Needlework. It's one less in my Box of Shame (BOS). Hope to make a dent in the BOS by taking part in Fully Finished  Friday led by Vonna. Most of my finishing will most likely take place on Saturdays, but I'll be making an attempt each week to finish something (fingers crossed)
Peace on Earth 
Little House Needleworks

This weekend was the first of WIP-It Weekend. I'm working on the LHN Hometown Series. First up is the Sweet Shop. I'm stitching on 40ct. with the intent of finishing them as cubes/boxes and making a mini village. I'm not sure Ive left enough of a margin on the left side, so I may have to switch the tree with the sign. Once I'm finish with the shop I'll count it out and decide.

Little House Needleworks
Hometown Series 
Sweet Shop

Head on over to Blogger of the Week to read about Sally. She is Jo's first featured Blogger of 2018.

Thanks for stopping by,

Gwen

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your version of the Linen and Threads SAL with your colours choice.
Sweet ornament finish.