Monday, August 29, 2011

Stitching for Falll

 My friend Jenny has started a new blog for fans and stitchers of Brightneedle designs. Stop by and visit or join if you have the time. This weekend I stitched up the first Brightneedle chart I have done in awhile. I was able to get the stitching done and hope to get to the finishing soon. I know that I have stitched Pretty in Pink at least once for an exchange, may have to stitch another for myself.

Pumpkin Flowers:








I did the finishing on my exchange piece, just need to attach some cord/trim to the the edge and it's ready to be mailed. And just in time too.

Last but not least, I had 2  small starts, one a Mill Hill ornament that I am stitching for a friend and the other a silk gauze piece. I finished my first silk gauze piece this year and just took the time this weekend to set up my next piece. I had to be very careful that I didn't cut my silk gauze while setting it up. Now I can just concentrate on the stitching. This piece, The Pumpkin Sampler by Threads Through Time has a black background. Hope I will be able to see well enough to do the background when I get to it. It may well have to be a daytime project when I get there.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the storm this past weekend. I am grateful for my friends, family, everyone that made it through with only a few minor inconveniences.

Gwen

No comments: