Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August 2022

Yeah! I had a pretty good month of stitching. 

The numbers for August WIPGO were 20, and 25. As it happens the project on my board for both numbers was Nevermore, by Lila's Studio. I finally finished the large medallion on the top left, the 4 motifs to the right, along with a couple of stitches to complete a small section of the top border.  I'm really pleased with my progress on this one.


For September the numbers are 3 (Monica) and 22 (The Game). Last time I worked on Monica I finished her apron. Next I would like to finish her skirt. I have already started basting the outline for placement and hope I can get it done. 

My three Halloween finishes are part of the FB Group Halloween Cross-Stitch Challenge. The August/September Challenge is a Just Cross Stitch Halloween Magazine SAL. First up was Mummy's Favorite, 2022 Halloween Magazine.

I've since wrapped the ring and placed the stitching but I forgot to take a picture.
This spider is a portion of a project, Spooky,  also from the 2022 issue.

Spooky Cat, is from the 2021 Halloween Mag. I didn't stitch faces on the pumpkins. 

My Christmas Ornament was the 8th Day of Christmas, Celebration of  Needlework. I haven't stuffed it yet. I also want to make a bow for the top of the ornament.

Winter Cometh by Summer House Stitche Workes  and Squirrel Thread Keeper, by Niky's Creations, were also finishes in August. I have the other 2 published seasons from Summer House Stitche Workes and the final Autumn Provides will be released at the Needle Work Expo. That is on my list to complete the series.

Finally, Bent Creek was the GaRon Designer Focus of the Month for August. I had Winter Row started and finished the stitching. I had plans for some others but didn't get to them. Hope to get at least one more done this year.
Well that's all for now.
Thanks for stopping by,
Gwen





1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on all your projects. I have just got the 2022 Halloween mag and wasn't overly impressed this time. I do like the one with the spider that you have stitched and your Mummy is cute too.
Love the Bent Creek Row.