Thursday, June 2, 2022

May 2022

May was Blackbird Designs Focus Month. My main focus was to be What Remains, I made some progress but not as much as I had hoped.

What Remains, Blackbird Designs

 I had started Secret Garden some time ago, and decided it was time for a revisit. I had made the most progress on the alphabet strawberry, with a modest start on the box top as well. 

before
I realized that things were not working out as charted. I couldn't find my counting error for anything. I finally gave up and put the whole thing in time out. When I took it out again I finally found my error. I restarted on a new piece of fabric with DMC 321. I managed to get through the counting this time and have an fully finished strawberry. I'm still working on the ribbon topper, can't seem to get it just right.   I will most likely frog the original strawberry and re-stitch. I want to have a strawberry to match the box top. Just need some more Turkish Red. 
Secret Garden, Blackbird Designs
DMC 321

I also worked on top of the drum for Peacock Pinkeep. I stitched the band for the drum but never started the top. I had a good portion done when I realized I was stitching on the wrong side of my fabric! Then came the question start over or continue? I gritted my teeth and frogged then restarted. I think in this case it was worth it. I'm loving it. 

(This fabric is not photographing well. It looks much better IRL)
Peacock Pinkeep, Blackbird Designs
40ct Vintage Autumn Gold
Belle Soie:Tortoise Shell, Peacock
A rocky start to my focus designer but not a bad ending.

I finished Hello Summer, by Plum Street Samplers. I did leave off the words.

Hello Summer, Plum Street Samplers
I also stitched and finished 5 Rings, May's ornament from Celebration of Needlework's 12 Days of Christmas SAL.

My new start was Winter Cometh, Summer House Stitche Workes. Hope to complete this soon.

Winter Cometh, Summer House Stitche Workes

Thanks for stopping by, I'm off to check out the new WIPGO numbers an update my board.
Gwen





2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have been busy! I love the Peacock Pinwheel and the little alphabet Strawberry too.

Mary's Thread said...

Those are some nice projects you worked on last month!The ABC berry is especially fun!