Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Cartonnage and Cross Stitch

At my guild's March meeting, we started learning Cartonnage. The the art of making fabric covered boxes originated in France in the 1800's. This art is still very popular in France and has spread to other countries. Some of the techniques are the same and others have changed a lot. Our first project was a bookmark.
Bookmark 
Cartonnage sample project
I used this technique to make a basic fabric covered box. Needs some work but not to bad for a first try.  
Basic Cartonage box

My progress on Angus Dei has been slow. I had hoped to at least have the better part of page one stitched by now. Not so much. I did manage to get a few more stitches since this picture was taken.
Angus Dei
Modern Folk Embroidery 

My seasonal stitch is almost done. 
Holiday Hoopla, Easter
Brenda Gervais 

Our Saviour is on a time out right now. I worked on the right arm of the cross and continued working on the third line of the  poem on the right. I think I need to do some reverse stitching. My words are not lining up and I can't seem to find my error. ERRR!











1 comment:

Julie said...

Sweet bunny and I love you covered box. I have an etui box that was made for me.