Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Potpourri of Smalls


Stitching Lotus


Oh yeah! Back online at last, the cable company finally came through.

Now for my stitching news. Four finished for the last of September.

Baked Goods
Ornament of the Month 2011 No.7 
Little House Needleworks
*****
Christmas Cookies (2014)
Country Cottage Needleworks

The September theme for the Christmas Ornie SAL 2016 was Christmas Food. Diane and Nikki's ornaments fit the bill perfectly.
*****

Fibers: perle cotton, floss, Krenik cord, beads

Most of my stitching is counted cross stitch, however I do on occasion try my hand at needlepoint and a few other creative techniques. In August a few members of my guild took a trip to a needlepoint for a class on choosing stitches/fibers for a canvas. Of course while we were there some took the opportunity to pick up some projects. On of the canvases I bought was the above. I'm really excited to get it done.
****
Last on the list, I completed the first of 3 pincushions. This is another canvas piece. Each pincushion is  stitched on 18 ct canvas, using perle cotton, using several stitches.  Designer Alice Okon published the Dainty Daisy Pincushions in Cross Stitch & Needlework magazine, September 2013 issue. This was a birthday present from my friend CarolB.
Dainty Daisy Pincushion 1
Cross-Stitch & Needlework 
(September 2013)

Thanks for stopping by,
Gwen



No comments: