Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 2016:Smalls SAL check-in


Well we are half way through our SAL for this year and I'm a little behind in my stitching. Finishing has barely made a showing. So many plans so little time.  This month I managed to get a few things stitched.

I am taking part in Jo's Halloween SAL, The theme for July is Witch's Accessories. No good witch would be found alive without her cauldron.
The Cauldron 
Embellishing Bits

Next, I started Creepy Crawly, Blue Ribbon Designs. There are 4 pieces to this spooky stitching set.
Creepy Crawly  (Scissor Keep front)
Blue Ribbon Designs

The other SAL on my list for this year is The Christmas Ornie SAL. My ornament for July is from The Needle's Work. I'm not sure if Dawn is still designing. This was one of her yearly ornaments. It's been in my stash for awhile, I think I picked it up at a stash to stash sale. I'm very happy to have it stitched finally, although the gold thread was almost my undoing. It's not showing up well in the picture but its in 1st, 2nd, and 4th rows. It really sets off the first two rows.
2001 Christmas Ornament
The Needle's Work
Dawn Lewis

I also put together Cora's  Rose Teaspoon Pincushion. 
                                   
Cora's Rose Teaspoon Pincushion
Downton Abbey Part 1
Moss Creek, A Stitcher's Gathering
Rae Iverson

Thanks for stopping by,

Gwen




No comments: