Monday, March 17, 2014

Crafty March part 2

This is my progress for the past two weeks.  I managed to complete two ornaments, that were in my TBA basket, and my first project from my guild's year long  program. I decided to use the ecru for the twisted cord so that my pins would show up better. Using  nail polish to color my pin heads I was able to get a very close match to the blue. Though there was no stitching on this one I am pretty happy with the results.

Swan Sampler Guild 2002 ornament
Ornament JCS magazine



My sewing case is assembled and waiting for the addition of some ribbon, to make the closure. The scissor sheath is next and then I  plan to tackle the needle book. Working my way up to the bullion stitches on the pin cushion.

Seven Pines LHN
This past week I used the finishing ideas and tutorials by Vonna and completed my Seven Pines Ornament.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Stunning work, stitched and finished so beautifully, well done.

Roberta said...

Love the ornaments and the pin keep looks good with the ecue floss, may do the same!

Vickie said...

Great job(s)! Never would have thought to use nail polish like that. :)

woolwoman said...

very clever girl using the nail polish for the pin heads. Love your finishes - get crafting - you have 2 weeks left YGG ! Mel

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous ornies, so neatly finished too!

The nail varnish idea is a great one.

Gwen said...

Hi all, Thanks for your kind comments. I can't take credit to the nail polish idea. That was from the leader of our programs. She recommends using glass head pins, but I used plastic head pins; since that was all I had at the time. They still turned out well.

Jennifer said...

LOVE the nail polish idea!