Monday, January 11, 2021

2021 Week 1

I spent 5 Days working on Halloween at Hollyberry Farm. A few more stitches and I'll be through with the tombstone.  

Halloween of Hollyberry Farm
Stacy Nash

May Wordplay by Brenda Gervais was  already started, soo..... I made it my first Wordplay SAL project for the year. This is my progress so far. Worked on the two flower pots, birds and wheelbarrow and the bee skep. I've got to look at that bee skep a little closely, I think I am off by one thread somewhere. 

May Wordplay
Brenda Gevais

The third project to see some stitching was berry number three of Erica Michaels' 12 Berries of Christmas. My birds are still headless. I hope to remedy that this week.

12 Berries of Christmas
Erica Michaels
My new starts were Prairie Schooler's Starry Night, and a band sampler on banding that I plan to stitch with borders and alphabets from some of my design/motif books. I have a new tabletop tree and I would like to have the PS ornaments done in time for Christmas 2021.

Prairie Schooler
Starry Night
With a goal of  working more on my WIPs and possibly finishing more, I've decided to give WIPGo a try. This is a facebook group started by Jessie Marie Does Things. This is my first attempt at WIPGo, it took me a while to decide what I wanted to focus on this year. I finally got the board done, then struggled to get it uploaded. I read Jessie's post several times but still managed to start on a month that wasn't called for January. Ahhh, Now I think I've got it straight. Still have 20 days this month to meet my goals. keeping my fingers crossed.


Thanks for stopping by,

Gwen


2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work. I really like the 12 Days Berries. I am becoming obsessed with 12 Days designs since starting the group!
I'm also doing WIPGO for the first time. So far I've worked on both my January pieces.

Gwen said...

I've found myself looking and more 12 Days designs. I finally completed my WIPGO Jan challenge. Hope I can keep up. :-)