Monday, March 2, 2020

My Leap Month Stitching


Well February has come and gone. I wish the posts I make in my head would magically appear here without me having to get our the laptop. I've had so many that never made it here.

Here is what what I worked on last month. I pulled out on old WIP/UFO Our Saviour and the Two Thieves by The Needle's Prayse. I started Holiday Hoopla Easter, by Brenda Gervais, and caved and started Angus Dei, by Modern Folk Embroidery.

I haven't worked on Our Saviour in a very long time. I'm not a fan of stitching words and this project is mostly works. So why oh why am I stitching this? It's an acrostic sampler. It's one of only 2 that I have seen patterns for.  Because this is an acrostic sampler, the spacing of the letters requires a lot of concentration and I'm a slow stitcher as my progress will bear evidence to. I want to work on this during Lent 2020 and see how far I get. I've forgotten the fabric name, but most likely the called for 36ct, using the called for NPI. There are only 4 colors used in the whole project.
Our Saviour and the Two Thieves
The Needle's Prayse
36ct with NPI

Angus Dei was started on Ash Wednesday. I want to work on this and Our Saviour during Lent. I'm working this on 32ct Millennium Blue with DMC 822. I'm struggling trying to find a stitching rhythm with this one.  Should I work the diamonds down then fill in or complete fill all the way down. We will see.
Angus Dei
Modern Folk Embroidery
32ct Millennium Blue
DMC 822

My seasonal stitch; Holiday Hoopla Easter. Hope to get this done soon.
                                            
Holiday Hoopla: Easter
With My Needle & Thread
called for colors 
                                         
I spent a few days working on Halloween at Hollyberry Farm and Prairie Schooler Christmas Alphabet but I haven't taken current pictures. When I pick up Halloween at Hollyberry Farm again I will be working on the bottom left side fence and border. The PS Christmas Alphabet has 9 finished blocks and 6 blocks framed and ready for filling. The Ornament for Halloween Ornie SAL for February was black cats. I stitched a cat from a Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue.

No comments: