Tuesday, October 5, 2021

September Take 2

 This will be quick. I was seconds away from publishing and my entire post disappeared. No problem, I thought, I'll just go to the default backup and finish up. Did you guess? The default saved copy was no where to be found. So here's my second try.

For Sampler September/Sampler September Soiree I started 3 new samplers, Busy Hands, Kathy Barrick, All That Remains, Blackbird Designs, and Luz Gonzales - 1851. 

Busy Hands, Kathy Barrick
I've made the most progress on this sampler. I'm stitching on this one for 25 minutes each day. Since this picture I've finished most of the border and started on the basket the bird is perched on.
All That Remains, Blackbird Designs
Got the border started but needed to see some more so I got one motif and one bird done.
Luz Gonzales - 1851, Samplers Remembered 
This is a small start on a sampler I've had my eye on for awhile. Lots of color and interesting motifs to look forward to.
The WIPGO numbers for September were 15 and 25. My number 15 is Starry Night, Prairie Schooler, and number 25 is Nevermore. I finished Starry Night in June so I concentrated on Nevermore. This is my progress. Still working on the top left motif, it's a big one.

Nevermore, Lila's Studio
I had two small finishes.
Sunflower Seeds, Stitching with the Housewives
I plan to finish this like I did the Zinnia Seeds project, as a seed packet.
The second was the Family Tree, Thimble purse by Brenda Gravis.

Hope to update my WIPS next time,
WIPGO numbers for October are11 and 5. Number 5 is Portrait in Red, Green Apple Designs and 11 is Hands On Designs', 12 Days. Portrait in Red is finished so I'll be working on 12 Days. I have 3 more days to stitch, Days 10-12.
Thanks for stopping by, 
Gwen














1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on your samplers for September. Nevermore is coming along nicely too.
I really like the little purse finish too, so sweet.