Monday, February 24, 2014

Getting it Finished

This year the focus of my EGA Guild programs will be on finishing techniques. Using a suggested list we have started collecting and organizing our finishing supplies. For some of us that means getting all our supplies in one place and for others starting to collect finishing supplies. Along the way we will be decorating our supply box/chest or other storage area and learning to use the various bits and bobs on our list. Many stitchers love the stitching but dread the finishing. Hopefully these programs will take some of the dread away and enable us to get more professional results on the items we choose to finish on our own.

The first project, a pinkeep, was started at the February meeting. While there is no stitching on this project it was a good intro to the finishing process. At our next meeting we will be making twisted cord for the pinkeep. I have pulled some perle cotton and floss that I think will go well with the design. Not sure yet which one I will use.


I finally got out my tools and strung my beads to made my scissor fob.


I did some stitching and some frogging and some restitching on Margery Dean and finally got the inside border to match. I haven't stitched on it since so, nothing worth showing there. On Wednesday, I will be sharing my Valentine's finish for the 2014 Smalls SAL, hopefully my belated February birthday present will be at it's final destination and I can share that as well.

Thanks for stopping by,

Gwen


5 comments:

Roberta said...

Looking good. What a great year for programs.

Anonymous said...

Lovely work - the scissor fob is so pretty (:

Julie said...

You've chosen such lovely threads to finish off your circular design. Have fun learning something new!

woolwoman said...

I wish Dixie would include some opportunities to share in this finishing supply program for their away members. Sounds like a good one ! glad Margery is progressing. My Snooty is on the rocks - I found a counting mistake (several actually and had to pull out the whole top border) I am in deep depression. (sigh) In the process now of pulling out seriously thought about starting over but I might can salvage something. So now instead of being ready for March - I'm back in January. Hope all is well with you - Mel

Gwen said...

@woolwoman Sorry to hear about your frogging. I have done a lot this month as well. Hope you will be back on track soon.