Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where oh where did my week go to?

This time last week I was getting ready for my classes with Jackie du Plessis of It's Fine-ally Finished (check out Teaching Projects). On Thursday we worked on Lady Jane's Garden (LJG). LJG consists of scissor fob, needlecase, pinkeep, and spool holder in a lined Shaker carrier. On Friday was Thisltewood, a needlecase with mattress pinkeep, thimble bucket and storage areas for scrimshaw or your choice of needlework tools. On Saturday was the grand finale, Briar Rose Etui (BR). BR is a uniquely shaped etui with a thimble pincushion and storage areas. Can you every have enough smalls? Nah!

No, I didn't finish any of my pieces but, I am continuing to work on them. I will have pictures of my progress in the following weeks. Ok the following months, as I get the stitching and finishing done. I arrived at class without all of my homework ( pre-stitching) done so I am a little behind.

I received a wonderful Floss Tag from Pam on Thursday. This was Pam's first exchange and I am so happy that I was her partner. She stitched me a wonderful Autumn tag and included some awesome fibers. I will have to find a design soon to try them out on.



Stay tuned............
Gwen

1 comment:

Pam said...

Gwen,
I'm glad you had a great time at class.One day when my little one is older I hope to be able to take a few more classes. I'm so glad you liked the floss tag. I know you are a guild member and wanted it to be up to standard. I love silk and hoped you could use some for stash enhancement. The vineyard silk works like a dream on 18 mesh canvas.
Happy Stitching!
Pam