Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Advent Calendar 2021

We are talking Christmas Trees, traditions, and ornaments.

Two tree ornaments that I stitched and finished.

 I haven't kept up with my blog reading or posting this year but I'm always eager to participate in Jo's Annual Advent Blog Hop. Jo hosts several hops throughout the year. Today is Day 8 of  the Advent Hop. We have been asked to share stories of our tree, traditions, ornaments, and tree topper (Star or Angel). 

Over the years I've had both real and artificial trees. While I love real trees the best, the cleanup was never a pleasant chore. Despite numerous overlapping trips of the vacuum, needles would appear months later.  A few years ago I bought a very nice pre-lit tree. It's become a major task to setup and take down the tree so I have taken to decorating the mantel. I love to stitch ornaments and have participated in a number of exchanges so I have a lot more ornaments than will ever fit there. Hopefully one year I will get the tree back up. This year I stitched 7 ornaments from Prairie Schooler's Starry Night book. I bought a 3ft tabletop tree for these ornaments. I still haven't fully finished said ornaments. So I really need to get busy finishing if I have any chance of having them up before the 24th. I'm an angel topper gal but, the table top tree has a star. It was the only thing I could find at the time. Maybe by next year it will have an angel topper.


Be sure to hop on over to Jo's blog to view the remaining blogs.







14 comments:

Shelly said...

Love you ornaments hanging from the mantel! I have a lot of unfinished pieces too so this weekend I'll pick out the seasonal things and FFO them. Merry Christmas!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar this year. I love both those little tree ornaments and your festive mantel Garland. I got mine out today and attached all the stitched ornaments that I have. The tree comes later as we still have a real one.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

What a nice way to display your sewn ornaments

Mary's Thread said...

Your tree ornaments are very pretty and the mantel garland is such a nice way to showcase your special stitched ornaments. It really shows them off so well! At Attic Needlework they have a garland decorated with ornaments just like that in their Christmas section too so great minds think alike! Merry Christmas!

Denise :) said...

The tree ornament -- the first one pictured -- is phenomenal! Very eye catching! All your ornaments are beautiful and I love the way you've displayed them, on garland across your mantel. Clever!! Merry Christmas to you! :)

Mylene said...

A beautiful display of your ornaments! Love it!

jocondine said...

I agree with Denise, that stitched tree looks so great (with the triangles). Amazing mantel garland (great idea, I could have a stair garland for all the DIY ornaments) Thanks for sharing. Joyeuses fêtes de Noël. xxx

Astrids dragon said...

Your two trees are so lovely! I hope you get to finish your other ornaments so you can add them to your growing collection.
Happy Christmas!

RONI said...

I love your ornaments. I agree, putting up the tree is always hard work. But it's good to stay within what we feel capable of doing. Ours remained unlit for a couple of years running because the lights took way too much time and effort to justify the two or three times we actually switched them on! (our tree could only live directly opposite our TV for many years)

Elfie said...

I'm a little late, but I have enjoyed my visit today. This year I am not really decorating for Christmas, so I totally understand your 'downsizing' strategies. I hope you get tome to finish your ornaments and display them on your tabletop tree - but if not this year, maybe next year... Merry Christmas!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like your idea of hanging your ornaments from the mantel. It's nice to be able to look at them like that. Your two finished ornaments are pretty.

gracie said...

Pretty ornaments. What a nice way to display them. Merry Christmas.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your decorated mantel is a great alternative to having a full tree out, very pretty!

FlashinScissors said...

Love your first ornament - it’s so beautiful!
The mantel ornaments look so pretty too!
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!
Barbara x