Tuesday, October 19, 2021

October projects and a finish!

 In my last post I showed my FFO'ed Thimble purse. Today I'm sharing two watch fobs. The fob on the left is crossed stitched, on the other fob the acorn is a padded satin stitch and the cap is French Knots. I used some batting when I attached the satin stitched acorn to the base and as a result the knots are a bit compressed and don't show up well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I have been working on Busy Hands by Kathy Barrick and hope to be finished with this one soon.


My other progress has been on Primitive Merry Christmas Pillow by Abbey Rose Designs.


Autumn Spice, the Stitch Quarterly offering for September, 2021 from Fat Quarter Shop, is the other projects with the most progress this month. I need to stitch few more leaves and the stem. There are some leaves and the word Autumn at the bottom. I'm not sure I'll be stitching the bottom section. I saw a wooden acorn at Hobby Lobby that I would like to finish this one. Unfortunately, I didn't pick up the wooden shape when I saw it. Now the stores out as well as HL online. Here's hoping I can get lucky and find one or something else that I like as well.

I also have two ornaments that I want to work on this month. 
Thanks for stopping by,
Gwen






















1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The watch fobs are great, nice way to display a small.
Lovely work on the other pieces too. My hands are happy when they are busy with stitching!