Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August: What I Accomplished

This is the last stitching day in August. What did I accomplish? 

I worked on my Plum Street Designs, Hello Summer; The Game, by Artecy Designs; Tree of  Life Thimble Purse by Brenda Gervais; Hello Summer by FQS; Halloween at Hollyberry Farm, Stacy Nash; and Busy Hands by Kathy Barrick.

I made a mistake somewhere on Halloween at Hollyberry Farm border. I tried to fudge it without a lot of counting. Well that didn't go as well as I liked so....... I frogged all that I had stitched of the fence and bottom right side. I have most of the fence re-stitched and I'm working on the bottom right side, then I will re-stitch the fence posts. Fingers crossed for a better outcome this time.


The Game was one of the WIPGO numbers for August. I was to work on it for 5 days (5 hours this month). I only worked on it 1 day this month, so I missed out on a WIPGO in August. I hope to work some more on this one in September. The colors for The Game are muted as this is a sepia style painting. So I wouldn't be posting a picture just now. I really want to get to an area where the project is recognizable. My second WIPGO project was Hello Summer, by Plum Street Designs. I managed to meet my goal. I'm still working on the leaves, should be able to get a few more xs in tonight.

before

current progress
Yesterday, I started Busy Hands by Kathy Barrick. This chart was gift from by friend CarolB.
I started with an inside  border and wonder of wonders it met up, on the first try. Yeah!!!
I'm stitching this with NPI silks on 36ct Pioneer from Victoria Sampler Threads. The Spool of thread is stitched and the bird started. I'm loving this project.
I'm so excited! I managed two finishes. Yeah and double Yeah!

This has been in my stash since it's release. The Tree of Life Thimble Purse, is finally stitched and ready to be finished. 


The kit came with 2 pieces of fabric so I pulled out my alphabet books and stitched my initial on the second piece that will be the back of the purse. I did leave the alphabet off the front.

Hello Summer, Fat Quarter Shop 's June 2021 Stitch Quarterly Club.

To be finished as a flat fold or pillow for next summer.

WIPGO September : 15 & 25
My projects: 15 Starry Night, Prairie Schooler Completed June, 2021
25 Nevermore, Lila's Studio
This will be my starting point for September, WIPGO.

Thanks for stopping by,
Gwen

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work for August. Isn't it great when a border meets up?
Love that little purse too.