Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Promise of Spring

I was without internet service for a week and then had to travel out of town so my postings have been slower that usual. I do have a few things to share as I get back to a routine. While I was away I continued to work on my ornaments. I have several Little House Needleworks 2010 ornaments that I am working on. My first finish was He's a Flake.
 
 He's A Flake - LHN

The next one I tackled was All is Calm. Like a number of other stitchers I changed the colors of the houses. They look more like Christmas to me now, everything else was as charted. 
All is Calm - LHN

While Autumn is one of my favorite seasons, and I am enjoying AHRH, on the first day of Spring I was seduced into starting another project. I tried to resist but failed, the colors of new blooms and the sounds of birds singing  were calling to me. My new start is Beyond My Heart by Blackbird Designs.  
Beyond My Heart - Blackbird Designs

 I got a restless working on the mortar for the house in Block 1 and started Block 4, so I am still not done with Block 1 yet, but here is my progress so far on AHRH.
Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow - Carriage House Samplings

Hope that you are enjoying your stitching and the weather in your part of the world.
Thanks for stopping by,
Gwen


No comments: