Sunday, September 20, 2009

Softly Walk

I started this a few weeks ago and thought I would have finished it by now. No such luck. The skein of GAST Fudge Ripple (recommended by chart) that I have looks to brown for a rose color. I didn't want a dead rose on my sampler, so I went through my thread stash looking for a substitute and came up with 2 very different dye lots of Clover (an good example of how dye lots can differ) and an other choice Antique Rose. The Antique Rose may be to close to the Old Red Paint to offer enough contrast. While I am making up my mind I have jumped to the bottom portion of Softly Walk by La-D-Da. Hopefully by the time I get that all stitched I would have make a choice about the rose.



As promised, here is a picture of the lovely box I received from DixieM.



Thanks for stopping by,

Gwen

No comments: