Friday, February 27, 2009

Is it over already?

Where has February gone already? I know that it is the shortest month of the year but....... is it really the 27th already?

I took two trips this month which have really thrown me off my schedule (such as it was). I had a blast visiting with friends to celebrate a fellow stitcher's birthday. I lined a Whitman Salmangundi tin for her and made a magic neeedlebook, strawberry emery and a waxer for her box. Unfortunately I can only show you a picture of the box. I forgot to take pictures of the finished box with the smalls.


This month was the first exchange for the Year Long Prairie Schooler group hosted by BeckySC. This is the exchange piece that I stitched for BeckyK. BeckyK is stitching deer/reindeer ornaments this year for her Christmas tree so I stitched this PS freebie for her.

I used some fabric from my stash and the DMC called for but, I substituted Mill Hill beads for the holly berries.

Yesterday I received my PS exchange piece from Conny. My pinkeep traveled all the way from the Netherlands. It is just lovely, Conny did a great job.
Come back and visit soon.
Gwen

2 comments:

Conny said...

This is my first exchange so I'm very happy that you like the pinkeep.

Lana said...

I love the tin, and ornament you stitched!!! Very beautiful!!! I think this is my first time visiting your blog, Gwen! I love it! I will definitely be back!

Happy stitching!