Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Needlework Weekend

I traveled to Atlanta on Thursday for my class with Ellen. Friday was my class 'Long May She Wave', a small needlebook featuring the American flag as the cover. Each stripe is a different stitch and you have the option of working a 13 star or 50 star flag. Did you know that you can make a perfect 5-pointed star with 1 snip of the scissor? Check out this link 5-pointed star.

By evening my friends had all arrived. After dinner we gathered in one room to talk and have show and tell. Soo.. many projects, soo... little time. After breakfast on Saturday we attended the second class 'A Needleworker's Sampler Huswif'. This sampler gives you the option of finishing it as a sampler to be framed or a Huswif. The colors are wonderful. Ellen is a great teacher and kept us on task, informed and entertained during class.

I enjoyed both classes, seeing my friends again, and making new friends. The weekend was over way to soon.

No comments: